Ordering process for custom Irish Dance Dresses: (to commission artwork, please scroll to bottom)
1. Contact me and I'll send you a costume measurement sheet; fill out and return with a check for the $50 design fee.
2. If you’re not sure exactly what you want for your dress, use my design sheets, Facebook photos and Pinterest page to help you choose the elements of your own special dress design. Of course, I also have design ideas ready for you to choose from if you would prefer. I will send you 3 simple “thumbnail sketch" images (and sometimes fabric/color samples) to finalize your choice of design.
3. Next, I prepare a dress order form to be approved by your TCRG (teacher); this form details the fabrics, design, estimated cost, and anticipated completion date. Upon TCRG approval and a check for ½ the estimated cost, (minus the design fee) work on the dress will begin.
4. Fitting: The fit is very important: I will make a fitting shell from your measurements, and "snail-mail" it to you. (The shell comes with instructions and photos that take you step-by-step through the fitting.) This extra fitting step means that we can exactly choose where the skirt will fall, etc. Send me photos of the fitted shell and then mail the shell back to me. If you are at a Feis I'm attending, I can check the fit there.
5. A check for the remaining balance will be due when the dress is complete, and before delivery by mail or in person. Because it's custom work, most dresses fit right out of the box…….but remember, any adjustments within the first two years are free (not including shipping)
6. Your dancer’s happiness with her dress is my highest priority: I will work with you to make sure fit & design is to your satisfaction.....that is my guarantee!
Cost: Dresses usually are between $500 to $750 plus shipping, depending on skirt style, complexity of celtic design & dressmaking details. I am always happy to work within your budget.
“Turn-around” time: Dresses can be completed within 2-3 weeks of the finished design process/order form is received, depending on season.
Feisanna we usually attend: Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, Kansas, Missouri. Contact me and we can schedule a time to discuss your dress desires.
To Commission Artwork: Please contact me. I create a wide range of fabric art and art quilting including pet portraits, copies of children's artwork, embellished commemorative photo fabric art, etc. Artwork can be framed for the wall, hung tapestry-style, contain a pillow form, or be 3D, large, or small.